Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Thing #19

I am now a Pandora addict. I pay for XM radio and this is better. I've created a Steeleye Span channel with the greatest classic British folk rock, a Dr. John channel for the blues, Mandy Patinkin, John Pizzarelli, Johnny Mercer, Mel Torme , Ella Fitzgerald and other stations for American high standards, a Broadway station featuring Barbara Cook and Audra McDonald among others, a Antonio Carlos Jobim station for Brazilian influenced jazz and a Phil Ochs station I'm teaching not to play me Dylan! Right now, I'm listening to the great George Shearing playing with John Pizzarelli singing a Harry Warren tune. oops, now it is Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto playing a samba, hey shouldn't that be on the Jobim station and not the Pizzarelli station? Is Pandora cross pollinating my channels?

I noticed esnips on the Web 2.0 awards list. I used that several years ago and just forgot about it. It saves material from the web and not just the address like del.icio.us. Sites that disappear are less of a problem with esnips. I think I need to try it again and see if it is easier to use this time.

I'm having fun with Picnik, too. That photo editing tool that converts photos into what looks like a pencil sketch is something I could really use for creating cards and other items. Some of the other editing choices are fairly silly.

Etsy is a site I visit often. I think if I plan ahead for once, several Christmas presents will be bought here. I'm not crafty but I've recommended it to friends that are crafters.

No comments: